Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fire! No news is not necessarily good news!

Maybe it’s just me, but is seems to be that there has been a dearth of information out there. I owe KMUD an apology for being critical of their behind the times reporting, but they are probably faced with the same information barriers that the rest of us are. They have been giving updates of the information that they are able to get every hour on the hour. I've added a link to KMUD over there on the left under "Local and regional news".

This just in: A new fire just broke out on Chemise Mountain ridge road. One structure involved and one quarter acre of wild land. Firefighters are on scene. (7:50 AM. 6-28-08 )

The fire sounds like it will be readily brought into control. They are already diverting engines away. I will post as soon as I know what has happened.

If you have any information on any of the local fires, please post your information here. Try to indicate whether our not it is fact or just what you heard, but all stories are welcome.

I won’t always be available to answer your questions, because I am often not available, but help yourself to this medium to post info.

4 comments:

Carol said...

It is really smoky this morning.

Ernie Branscomb said...

Carol, I heard that the wind changed and we now have an off shore wind movement. Is your air clearing up? Or getting foggy?

Carol said...

Hi Ernie - it never cleared today. There was a little breeze this afternoon, but the air was yellow. The sun was red tonight.

Anonymous said...

No news is no news, I really would like to know the progress on the Red mountain fire. I saw it from the North on Thursday and visibility has been limited the past two days, I heard it may burn down to 101 at cummins, but who knows????